Four schemes conceived for boosting seed production and distribution in the state.
Mukhyamantri Tivra Beej Vistar Yojana (Chief Ministers’ Crash Seed Programme)
- Distribution of foundation seed of selected crops in small packets
- Two farmers selected from each village for each selected crops.
- Seed given to farmers at half the cost.
- Certified seed produced by farmers spread through traditional method of exchange i.e.-Dedha (1.5 times), Sawaiya (1.25 times)
- Production of Foundation Seed on govt. farms.
- Use of large quantity of Breeder Seed.
- Breeder seed used in the state.
- In each crop season seed distribution programme is inaugurated by Honorable Chief Minister.
- Four state level seed distribution programmes organized.
- A day before distribution farmers are given training on seed production technology
- A scientist of KVK is designated as District Scientist to solve the problems of seed production faced by farmers.
- Block Agriculture officer selects the beneficiary & assists farmers in seed production.
- Registration with Seed Certification Agency is voluntary. Farmers given assistance if they like to do so.